- Change the Whats App chat wallpaper by going to the “Wallpaper” option in that chat menue.
- Save photos you have received. The images and videos that you are sent in WahtsApp chats remaind stored on your device in the WhatsApp\media\WhatsApp Images folder.
- In Android you can view this images in the Gallery, and can share them on Facebook and also apply them as contact photos also.
- In iOS, WhatsApp images are stored in the Photos app.
- Make backup of your WhatsApp conversations: Go to the settings menu, choose chat preferences, then click on the chat history backup options. iPhone users get the option of backing their chat history in iCloud automatically.
- Create shortcuts in the WhatsApp conversations: Choose “More” in the chat menu and tap the “Add conversation shortcut” option.
- Send much more then text: You can also send pictures, voice messages, videos, location and contacts.
- Change your WhatApp status: Status option in the main option menu, and you can type and change.
- Broadcast a WhatsApp message to many contacts: Select the “Broadcast message” option in the more menu and select the contacts you want to send it to.
- If you want to see the exact time when they read the message: Go to any of your WhatsApp chats, tap and hold on any of the messages you’ve sent in that chat, followed by the Info option. For iOS users, you can also drag towards the left to reveal a window which will show the time your message was delivered and subsequently read.
- STAYING SELECTIVELY NOTIFIED
Not all group chats are created equal, as some are filled with nothing but white noise. And it’s exactly those group chats you want to ignore until you get some down time to sieve through everything that’s been said. On the flipside, there are the group chats you want to stay on top of like ones deciding dinner plans for the night and so on. Here’s how you can stay selectively notified.
How: Go to the significant group chats, tap on the name to bring up Group Info and then Custom Notifications. There, you can select a custom message alert for the group chats of your choice. All you have to do now is remember which alert tone you assigned to which group chat. This customisation is only applicable for group chats though.
- SAVING MEDIA
When you’re on a 1GB data plan, every MB counts. You don’t want to be slapped with a hefty bill at the end of the month from sending stupid shareable memes and screenshots of every little thing. There’s a way to make sure that all that heavy-duty image sending won’t eat up what little complimentary data you might have in your plan.
How: Go to Settings, then Chat Settings and then Auto-Download and tweak the settings for how you want your received media to be downloaded. Choose Wi-Fi if you don’t want to overload your data plan. Alternatively, you can trigger downloads manually by switching Auto-Download to Never. You can also save the hassle of having to clean up your camera roll every so often by tweaking Save Incoming Media off.